For the most part, karaoke has been widely used for parties and similar events; it’s a great pastime to enjoy with your friends and family. Before, karaokes are available by owning or renting a karaoke machine that includes a DVD player, amplifier, speakers, and T.V. You just need to choose a song from the songbook, which you’ll enter in the DVD via remote. Today, you can instantly sing your favorite songs via the internet, plug in a microphone, blast your speakers, and you are good to go.
Top Karaoke Songs
If you’re planning to do your own karaoke party or maybe attending one, you might want to check these hit karaoke songs that you can practice.
- Billie Jean by Michael Jackson: This song was released in the USA when it became widely popular across Asia. Though we can all agree that it’s not the easiest song to sing, it can have us all singing along when the chorus starts. Rumor has it, Billie Jean is the most popular karaoke song.
- Don’t Stop Believing by Journey: This 80’s rock song gained popularity when it was featured on the hit T.V show Glee. It’s fun to sing along with anyone singing it since you don’t need to be professional to at least get the minimum notes correct.
- Summer Nights by Grease Cast: If we’re talking about arguably one of the most popular movie songs of all time, make sure to include Summer Nights on your list. With having that title at hand, it’s no question that it gained popularity for avid karaoke singers; the truth is, it became one of the most requested karaoke songs of all time. It gained popularity because it’s a type of song that is sung best when in groups.
- Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond: Amateur singers definitely loves this classic. A karaoke party isn’t complete when no one sings this mellow love song; that’s just impossible to mess up. Notes aren’t that high or low, so people really loved singing along when this track played.
- Dancing Queen by ABBA: Songs from a popular band such as ABBA will be famous to many people and for a good reason. They’ve indeed established their name to the masses with their hit songs and albums. Now, it’s still making rounds in karaoke parties, certainly passing the test of time.
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston: This upbeat classic will have everyone dancing around when it starts, making it one popular song during karaoke nights. If we are talking about the great Whitney Houston, it’s equivalent to the most challenging songs. But with this classic, it’s quite the contrary, since this is one of her easier songs available, thus being crushed by amateurs.
- Don’t Stop me Now by Queen: Freddie Mercury, arguably one of the most iconic people in the music industry. Though everyone wants to master or let alone try singing his Bohemian Rhapsody, it’s just simply challenging even for the professional singers. If you still want to awaken your Freddie Mercury inside you, you can opt to sing this easier song. It still has that upbeat and fun tempo you can try, making it a great alternative.
- Hey Jude by The Beatles: If you don’t know The Beatles, you might be living under a rock your whole life. Arguably, they are considered one of the biggest, if not the biggest, bands of all time. Though their popularity had a drastic decline, their songs remain intact, especially in the karaoke situation. Hey Jude is relatively easy to sing, and people indeed love to sing along once it’s played.
- Hit Me Baby One More Time by Britney Spears: This 90s classic hit gained popularity due to Britney Spears established name in the music industry. Britney’s unique voice added to the popularity of this song; people try their best to imitate her voice, thus leading to a poor performance from singers.
- Like a Prayer by Madonna: Don’t get us wrong, Madonna’s songs are making waves in the karaoke world, but nothing beats her Like a Prayer. Though it may not be an easy song choice, once it’s pulled off correctly, praises will surely rain down upon you.
Sing and have fun
Karaoke nights are for having fun and enjoyment. So, even if you’re an amateur or a professional, make sure to pick a song you think is best and just simply enjoy it. This list is just a guide for what you can sing, but you can totally go for it if you want to sing something else.