Being a parent is a great joy and it changes your life completely. But parenthood also brings stress and worries about the decisions you make. Is my baby sleeping enough? Should I breastfeed, or do formula? What kind of products should I buy for them? This can be quite confusing and overwhelming. Not to mention, all the commercials, ads, social media posts, and different information on baby products. It isn’t easy to decide when everybody is telling you what to do while serving up conflicted views and statistics.
Well, don’t worry, and take a breath! Take some time to read this article and ensure you are making the best decisions for your baby. Here you will learn about the benefits of organic formula and food, organic materials, and many more. Check it out, do your research and decide if you should switch to organic.
Organic Vs. Non-Organic
Parenting comes with many questions, such as:
- Daycare or stay-at-home parents?
- Breastfeeding, or formula?
- Organic or conventional?
This is one of the many debates you will face as a new parent. It’s normal that you want only the best for your baby and the dilemma about organic products is pretty common.
On one side you will see a pro-conventional group of people that are convinced that organic products aren’t healthier, but just more expensive, or that chemicals and pesticides don’t pose safety and health risks. The “non-organic” group often tells you that organic products aren’t worth your money and offers their studies and statistics.
On the other side, pro-organic groups are raising awareness about chemicals used in conventional products (e.g. flame retardants, formaldehyde, phthalates, BPA and BPA substitutes, high-risk pesticides), which have many negative effects on health and the environment. They claim that the difference in price is minimal and that organic products are worth the investment. Experts from The Good Nursery explain that babies are very vulnerable and their immune system is still developing. That is the reason they shouldn’t be exposed to any toxins, and providing them with organic food, skincare products, and non-toxic cribs and toys will protect their health in the long run.
Organic Baby Clothes
If you are a parent then you know how many onesies a baby goes through in a day. This means that a lot of fabrics will touch your baby’s skin. You may wonder if organic clothes are a better choice.
Organic baby clothes are made of natural materials (cotton, wool, or flannel) and produced organically. It doesn’t contain any chemicals or synthetic products. So, why is it better for your baby?
- There are no chemicals next to your baby’s skin. Baby skin is very delicate, thin, and porous. It can easily absorb everything it comes into contact with. Clothes touch their skin all day and night, so eliminating materials that contain chemicals makes sense. There will be fewer irritations and skin problems. Natural materials help with rashes, dryness, and even with some serious skin conditions like eczema.
- It’s much better for the environment. Organic products are healthier for the environment, because of the reduced amount of chemicals. In a non-organic industry ground, air, and water are constantly exposed to toxic chemicals. Can you imagine the terrible consequences for the food we eat, the water we drink, and our entire planet?
- Organic clothes feel the same as conventional clothing. They are soft, cute, and absorbent, so you won’t be missing anything from non-organic clothes. In fact, you will only be avoiding harmful effects. Organic baby clothes are very easy to find nowadays, have a wider selection and it’s adorable looking.
Organic Baby Food
Reaching a solid food stage is an exciting time for you and your baby. Choosing organic food is the right thing to do. If you are still not sure about it, check out these benefits!
- By choosing organic food you are keeping chemicals and pesticides away from your baby.
- Organic food doesn’t contain harmful dyes that are very often found in non-organic baby foods.
- Remember that your baby’s digestive and immune systems are still developing, and offering them natural food is the best foundation for their development and health.
Organic Baby Skincare Products
You would be surprised if you knew the number of harmful chemicals in non-organic skincare products. Formaldehyde is common in liquid soaps and baby shampoos, even though it has been linked with high risks of cancer development. Make sure you read the ingredient list before buying these products. There are a variety of organic options, that won’t cause irritation, dryness, or rashes on your baby’s skin.
Now that you have learned everything about organic baby products, it’s time to join the movement. Nobody is expecting you to change everything immediately, but try making some healthier choices every day. Changing a few things can make a difference. Take small steps and incorporate some organic items into your day-to-day life.