Feminine rejuvenation procedures are performed to reduce, tighten, or reshape female genital tissues to assist in restoring a more youthful, firmer, and symmetrical appearance. Patients opt for feminine rejuvenation due to cosmetic reasons and also to enhance comfort and improve issues caused as a result of vaginal tissue laxity, for instance, urinary incontinence or painful intercourse. Nowadays, patients have the option of either non-surgical or surgical feminine rejuvenation. With these options, issues can be addressed by restoring the normal appearance and tone to the labia and vagina. The proper procedure, carried out by a board-certified and experienced cosmetic surgeon, can obtain one or more of the following results:
- Assist with tight swimsuits or clothing fitting more comfortably.
- Eliminating or reducing stress urinary incontinence.
- Alleviating vaginal dryness.
- Improving sensation during intercourse for the patient and her partner.
- Providing cosmetic enhancements to the genitals.
Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedures
Cosmetic surgeons can perform both non-surgical as well as surgical procedures to improve appearance, restore tone, and enhance the function of the vaginal tissues.
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure, which is typically the most appropriate method for treating the following issues:
- Misshapen or overly enlarged labia
- Moderate to severe sagging in the labial tissues
- Sever cosmetic issues that are a hindrance to the patient
Labiaplasty is generally performed as an outpatient procedure, usually performed under general anesthesia. Small cuts are made in the labia minora, labia majora, or both, the excess tissue removed, the remaining tissue shaped and tightened for restoring symmetry, and the incisions are closed with sutures. Recovery is moderately straightforward for the majority of patients. Discomfort after the procedure is easily controlled and mild that can be treated with over-the-counter or prescription drugs. Patients generally go back to work within three to five days and resume exercise within two to three weeks. Sexual intercourse is allowed after a month has elapsed. The results of labiaplasty are ongoing. Although the labial tissues might start sagging due to standard age-related fluctuations, this is usually minor compared to what patients would have had without the surgery. Some patients opt for a mona lisa touch procedure, which is a minimally invasive and painless laser treatment without side effects and pain and is performed within minutes.
Non-Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedures
The present non-surgical, FDA-cleared vaginal rejuvenation procedures include FemiLift, ThermiVA, and FemiTight. All are non-invasive with no tissue ablation, incisions, or needles involved. Although specific treatments necessitate the use of an instrument like transvaginal mesh which is inserted internally (similar to a transvaginal ultrasound apparatus).
Advantages Of Non-Surgical Treatments
- Treatments typically last for fifteen minutes.
- Numerous patients notice substantial improvement within one or two days after the procedure, which continually improves over time.
- No downtime is required; even sex can be resumed on the same day.
- Results can last for almost or up to a year before another round of procedures is required.
- It can substantially improve vaginal dryness, stress urinary incontinence, sexual pleasure for a patient, and her partner & pain during sex.