When my daughter was young, I created a book of meaningful quotes for her as a keepsake. I then added pages to the back for “Quotes from You”, where I write down all of the funny and sweet things that she says. This has become a treasure for my daughter, especially as she gets old enough to understand some of the quotes and look back on what she said when she was younger.
I now frequently create these books for baby shower gifts, and they are always cherished. My favorite gifts at my baby shower were the sentimental gifts that could be kept for years to come, so this was perfect. It’s also very easy and inexpensive to make, so it’s a great addition to a gift from the mother’s registry.
At the end of this post, I have created 12 free printables, plus the cover and “Quotes From You” page, so that you can make your own book. If you would like to create a page of a certain quote that is not offered here, I am willing to create additional printables at no cost. Please just email me at email@example.com.
How to make the book
Here are the steps to making the book. Just like all of the other crafts that I attempt, it is very simple and not very time-consuming. Please leave a comment to let me know what other types of books you would make for your kids or funny quotes that they have said that you would add to this book (I’m a sucker for kid one-liners!).
1. Assemble the needed materials: quote printables, cardstock, hole punch, ribbon
2. Cut out the printable quotes.
3. Use an adhesive to stick the printable quotes to the cardstock. I used photo splits because they are inexpensive and easy to use.
4. Repeat step 3 for each of the quotes, the cover of the book, and the Quotes From You pages.
5. Punch two holes in each of the cards.
6. Assemble the cards in the order you want, and then tie them together with the ribbon. You have your finished product now, and a keepsake for a lucky child to cherish for years.
Printables (click on the thumbnail picture to open the printable):
Cover Page Quotes
Below are some of the life-changing inspirational quotes that can be printed or written on the cover page. I also suggest that one in a lifetime, do sit and read these quotes with your children. They are worth understanding and perhaps very significant
- Be the Change You Want to See in the World
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
- Don’t Let Small Minds Convince You that Your Dreams are Too Big
- Go Into the World and Do Well, but More Importantly, Go Into the World and Do Good
- I Believe in Being Strong When Everything Seems to Be Going Wrong…
- Nothing is particularly hard if you break it down into small jobs.
- Love Life and Life Will Love You Back, Love People and People Will Love You Back
- Never Let a Bad Day Make You Feel Like You Have a Bad Life
- No Act of Kindness, However Small, Is Ever Wasted
- You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
- Spread Love Everywhere, Let No One Ever Come to You Without Leaving Better and Happier
- Success Isn’t the Key to Happiness, Happiness is the Key to Success
- We Are All in the Gutter, But Some of Us Are Looking at the Stars
- You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have.
- Choose your friends with caution, plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith
- When You Choose to See the Good in Others, You End Up Seeing the Good in Yourself
- You Have to Do Things that Others Don’t Understand Because Those Are the Only Good Things
- If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.
- Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.
- Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before.
- In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Quotes from you
This part of the book is the cutest and of course very random. Quotes from you or your kids may not make sense at that time but they hold great value. If space allows, do mention the date and event when the quote was said so that when you read it again in the future, you can recall the background and cherish the memories.
These are just a few quotes that I like and find useful. Additionally, you can also check this super cute book which is very colorful and ready made to use. It’s also a very gift for new parents on baby showers.
Do let me know if you have more ideas or quotes. If you have ever made a quote book yourself, I would also like to know how useful it is for future references.