When my daughter was young, I created a book of meaningful quotes for her as a keepsake. I then added pages to the back for “Quotes from You”, where I write down all of the funny and sweet things that she says. This has become a treasure for my daughter, especially as she gets old enough to understand some of the quotes and look back on what she said when she was younger.
I now frequently create these books for baby shower gifts, and they are always cherished. My favorite gifts at my baby shower were the sentimental gifts that could be kept for years to come, so this was perfect. It’s also very easy and inexpensive to make, so it’s a great addition to a gift from the mother’s registry.
At the end of this post, I have created 12 free printables, plus the cover and “Quotes From You” page, so that you can make your own book. If you would like to create a page of a certain quote that is not offered here, I am willing to create additional printables at no cost. Please just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to make the book
Here are the steps to making the book. Just like all of the other crafts that I attempt, it is very simple and not very time-consuming. Please leave a comment to let me know what other types of books you would make for your kids or funny quotes that they have said that you would add to this book (I’m a sucker for kid one-liners!).
1. Assemble the needed materials: quote printables, cardstock, hole punch, ribbon
2. Cut out the printable quotes.
3. Use an adhesive to stick the printable quotes to the cardstock. I used photo splits because they are inexpensive and easy to use.
4. Repeat step 3 for each of the quotes, the cover of the book, and the Quotes From You pages.
5. Punch two holes in each of the cards.
6. Assemble the cards in the order you want, and then tie them together with the ribbon. You have your finished product now, and a keepsake for a lucky child to cherish for years.
Printables (click on the thumbnail picture to open the printable):
Other Tips for Book Keepsake Making
It is best to integrate photographs you have captured of any events with a few fairground images you were able to obtain from an online provider if you were trying to make a book keepsake for a child. The backs of some of the insert cards are lined so you can put information about events, guests, and recollections there. Each insert card is placed on pieces of his or her birthday cards or other detritus, or mounted onto lined scrap book paper. The inserts can be decorated with threads, ribbons, wires, stamps, and stencils. Such mementos are made even more enjoyable if you include a gift card that is related to the memento so the recipient can continue to cherish the moment. There are various ways to produce a keepsake book, and they make fantastic presents.
It might be fun to add a piece of book jewelry, such as a necklace or bracelet, to go with a present of a book, such as one that opens to reveal another message inside. Take into account the occasion and the individual/s you are preparing it for. These accessories can be customized with the message of your choice, or you can just be delighted by the already included catchphrases. If you prefer doing things yourself, you may create some resin projects to go along with the keepsake you’re making an effort to make.
Unforgettable Book Quotes
A memorable trip, a companion from childhood, or a close relative. There are a lot of things and moments that we will remember for the rest of our lives and never forget. Print all kinds of memories in a photo album. Add captions to your book of photos in a variety of fonts and layouts to make it your own. A picture is worth a thousand words, whether you’re displaying images of happy childhood times spent with your best friend, trip photography, or pictures from your wedding. Photo book quotations that are ideal for the pages of your albums will help you tell your narrative even more fully. Captions are full of humor and attitude, which makes you sit up and go on to the next image. You are welcome to pick out any quotes for your own or to use existing ones as starting points for your own.
Cover Page Quotes
Below are some of the life-changing inspirational quotes that can be printed or written on the cover page. I also suggest that one in a lifetime, do sit and read these quotes with your children. They are worth understanding and perhaps very significant
- Be the Change You Want to See in the World
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
- Don’t Let Small Minds Convince You that Your Dreams are Too Big
- Go Into the World and Do Well, but More Importantly, Go Into the World and Do Good
- I Believe in Being Strong When Everything Seems to Be Going Wrong…
- Nothing is particularly hard if you break it down into small jobs.
- Love Life and Life Will Love You Back, Love People and People Will Love You Back
- Never Let a Bad Day Make You Feel Like You Have a Bad Life
- No Act of Kindness, However Small, Is Ever Wasted
- You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
- Spread Love Everywhere, Let No One Ever Come to You Without Leaving Better and Happier
- Success Isn’t the Key to Happiness, Happiness is the Key to Success
- We Are All in the Gutter, But Some of Us Are Looking at the Stars
- You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have.
- Choose your friends with caution, plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith
- When You Choose to See the Good in Others, You End Up Seeing the Good in Yourself
- You Have to Do Things that Others Don’t Understand Because Those Are the Only Good Things
- If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.
- Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.
- Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before.
- In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Quotes from you
This part of the book is the cutest and of course very random. Quotes from you or your kids may not make sense at that time but they hold great value. If space allows, do mention the date and event when the quote was said so that when you read it again in the future, you can recall the background and cherish the memories.
These are just a few quotes that I like and find useful. Additionally, you can also check this super cute book which is very colorful and ready made to use. It’s also a very gift for new parents on baby showers.
Do let me know if you have more ideas or quotes. If you have ever made a quote book yourself, I would also like to know how useful it is for future references.