Eating healthy – we all want to do it but it can be challenging. Do you love Seafood? Here are some great options to make Seafood a healthy part of your diet!
If you want to be healthy, you have to consider eating the foods that are needed in supplying the different nutrients essential to the body. The food that you eat determines how strong your immune system is. This is one thing that you should consider in order for you to get that motivation that you need for healthy food preparation.
In your daily diet, you have to make sure that there is enough amount of seafood in order to make sure that you are getting the omega 3 fat that your heart needs. Seafood can also help increase the amount of protein in your body. You have to remember that you are getting the perfect amount of nutrients from seafood in order to make yourself perfectly lean.
Here is a list of the different seafood that you can add to your daily diet:
- Salmon. This seafood can be found in your local market and it can be served in different style. One of the best things about salmon is its omega 3 content that can help you develop a healthy hear, free from risks and complications. You can include one serving of this in your meal and you will surely get the right amount of omega 3.
- Shrimp: Also known as one of the most delicious food in the world, shrimps are eaten in a variety of ways. They are easily available everywhere in the world, in fresh and frozen form. Shrimps contain proteins, Vitamins B12 and other nutrients such as phosphorus, chlorine and iodine.
- Oysters. If you are looking for the category of seafood that is highly nutritional, you have to check molluscs. One of the best types of seafood is oyster. This is one of that seafood that you can purchase as frozen or fresh. This is low in fat and calories. If you want to maintain a balanced diet in order to achieve the best body physique that you want, you can add this to your list of daily foods. This is also one of the best sources of zinc.
- Other oily fishes. Instead of eating pork and chicken every day, you have to consider eating oily fishes. This type of food is very helpful in maintaining a healthy heart. You can be sure that the bad cholesterol is being combatted with the help of this type of food. Balancing the fats and the cholesterol in the body is one of the best ways to help you get that perfect health.
- Crabs. If you want to make sure that you are getting enough dose of protein from your seafood, you can include crabs in your meal. There are some types of crabs such as stone crab claws that are very rich in nutrients. With the content of this type of seafood, you can be sure that you will be able to complete the nutritional needs of your body.
- Squids: As an Antioxidant, squid fights cancer cells, anaemia and a high source of vitamins, minerals and proteins. Some say squids taste like onion rings and are cooked in many different ways; fried, grilled and sautéed.
- Lobsters: Lobsters are rich in fat but its unsaturated fat which reduces high cholesterol and prevents from heart diseases. Lobsters are generally expensive and best tasted when grilled and served with mayonnaise and butter.
- Scallops: a 3-ounce serving of scallop will suffice your body with 20 grams of proteins and only 95 calories. They are also enriched with magnesium and potassium. However, to eat the best scallops, there are seasons; bay and sea scallops are best from October to March while the freshest calico scallops are available from December till May.
The different seafood given above can be included in your daily meals. The nutritional content of each is very important to you and your family’s health.
Best seafood sauces
Pantry sauces for seafood can add magic to your ordinary meal. They tend to make plain fish, crabs and shrimps much more delicious and juicy, giving you variety for your daily menu. Let me share with you some of the sauces I have been using:
This comes in very handy for all kinds of seafood. I use it as a dipping sauce for grilled fish, crabs and prawns and it brings on my table the mouth-watering taste of Thai seafood.
Although Capital City Mambo Sauce is very versatile and can be used for all kinds of meat, I personally like its taste best with seafood and wings. It has a tomato base and comes in three different flavors; available in mild, mild, sweet hot and hot so you can easily match your taste.
Making food that is nutritious and delicious is not a daunting task. I always tell my readers to know in detail about what they are giving their family to eat. Missing out on key information about the ingredients and the methodology is like neglecting your own health, which I am sure no one would want to compromise on. Hence I read and research a lot, recommending the same to all those who cook. Lately, this book has been very helpful in giving me hands-on knowledge about how to cook meat in the right way. It’s called, ‘Adding Flavor: 50 Marinades, Sauces, Rubs, Spices and Toppings for Meats, Seafood, Pasta and Desserts (Sauce Bible & Mixing Spices) by Abby Chester.
The book is packed with recipes, tips, techniques and nutritional facts that will allow you to cook and eat healthy, wholesome and enjoyable food at home, whenever you want.
I hope this post helps you Eat right and live right.