Sheepadoodles are a cross between a Poodle and a Sheepdog. They have all the best qualities of both breeds. Sheepadoodles can be large or small, depending on their size as puppies. They are great with kids because they love to play games and take naps with them.
Are Sheepadoodles Good Family Dogs?
In general, the Sheepadoodle is a good family dog, but there are some things to consider. First of all, both parents of the breed need to be non-shedding and allergy-friendly. If you have allergies or fear having an allergic reaction when petting your dog, then this might not be the best fit for you and your family.
They are also intelligent dogs, so if you are not experienced with training them, it might be difficult for your family to train the Sheepadoodle. Also, they can grow up to 75 pounds, so if space is limited in your home, then this breed might not work out as well. Therefore, finding a reliable breeder of Sheepadoodles for sale close to your home is important to help you decide and find the perfect life companion.
You must do plenty of research before getting a Sheepadoodle and make sure it is the right breed for your family. Some of the factors that can affect your decisions are your living circumstances, health, and time to devote to training a dog.
- Friendly to people who have allergies
- Intelligent dogs require training for new dog owners
- Grows up to 75 pounds. If you live in a small house, this may not be the best fit.
- Sweet and playful
- They love attention and love to be around their human family.
If you want a dog that is great with children, then Sheepadoodles are perfect for your family! They love playing and just being silly, which makes them the best choice as far as dogs go. Especially if you have kids who like animals but cannot handle other breeds because of the hair or fur they leave behind.
Factors To Consider Before Getting A Sheepadoodle
Most people who like to get a dog for their family want one good with children, friendly to people who have allergies, and non-shedding. If you are looking for these qualities in a dog, then the Sheepadoodle is perfect. Here are several factors that you need to consider;
Sheepadoodles are known for their adaptability. If you need a dog that will be around children or other animals, they make great pets because of how easily they adjust!
Sheepadoodles are also very smart as far as dogs go, making them easier to train and learn new things faster. This makes it easy for people who have never had a dog before as they will train them with ease!
Sheepadoodles have very few health issues, which is excellent news if you have someone who has allergies. This breed is also one of the least likely breeds to go bald, so shedding should not be an issue either!
When it comes to friendliness, these dog breeds are very loving and will seek affection. They are also very patient with children, so if you have a family, this is the perfect breed to get!
Energy Level/Exercise Needed
If you need an active dog, then Sheepadoodles are not the right choice as they do require less exercise than most dogs of their size. However, if you need a more laid-back breed, then this is perfect for your family.
Grooming and health needs
Sheepadoodles do not need a lot of grooming and will shed very little. However, you may need to visit the vet more often as they are prone to several health issues. It should not be too expensive to take care of this breed, though.
- Sheepadoodles are a mixture of a Poodle and a Sheepdog, resulting in the perfect family dog.
- This breed is very adaptable, intelligent, friendly to children and people with allergies, non-shedding, which makes them great pets for families.
- The colors of Sheepadoodles can range from black, gray, white to any combination of the three.
- This breed has low grooming needs but is prone to several health issues, so that they may require more visits to the vet than other breeds.
- Depending on your lifestyle, this dog will be either very active or laid-back, which means you need less exercise for this breed.
- Sheepadoodles are perfect for families and require less work than other breeds but may need more visits to the vet.
- Typically, Sheepadoodle puppies cost between $500 – $2000, with an average of about $1000 per puppy though this will depend on where you get your dog from, and the type of Sheepdog Poodle mix that you get.
The best way to know how your Sheepadoodle will behave is to meet them and see for yourself. If you have been looking for a dog for your family, this may be the perfect breed, so do some research on breeds, talk with local people who own these dogs, and go from there. Again, you may find out that this is the perfect breed for your family.