screw piles, the perfect grounding spot is where the soil contains loose sand or soft clay. It is simple to construct the piles in such a ground, and the vast bearing surface offered by the screws makes the most of the soil’s limited bearing capacity.
Advantages of steel piling
Steel piling tanks are widely used in food, chemical, and power industries. Some advantages of steel piling are listed below-
- It can be utilized in both short and long-term structures
- Sheet piles materials can be recycled and reused
- Piles are available in a variety of lengths, sizes, and steel types.
- The interlock system’s adaptability allows it to be installed in a variety of layouts.
- The piling pipe’s or sheet’s durability can be extended through protective coatings.
- Sheet pile walls with the flexibility to be readily anchored or propped can be constructed for both horizontal and vertical loads.
- On-site supervision can be reduced, and just a small amount of storage space is necessary for steel piling constructions.
- Sheet piles can produce an efficient water seal by forming a tight-fitting joint.
- They have a long-life span both above and below water, which makes them ideal for the marine and coastal constructions.
The benefit compared with the traditional concrete base
- There is no need for curing, allowing excavation to begin almost immediately.
- Steel piling can be penetrated near to the site’s boundaries
- There are no spoils to deal with following the installation, which is especially critical on contaminated locations.
- During the installation process of steel piling, there are generally very minimal earth disturbances.