The best hair loss treatments are often the least heard of. Discover the best hair loss treatments in 2021 and how they can return your full head of hair.
What if you didn’t just battle hair loss, but you won that fight completely? Have you tried things like essential oils and other options?
There are plenty of different hair loss treatments out there. Some of them offer great results, while others aren’t worth your time or money.
How do you know which treatments to pursue? Check out our complete guide to the best hair loss treatments in 2021! And if you are asking: is Olaplex worth the extra money? Make sure to listen what the experts say.
Understanding Hair Loss
Both men and women can experience alopecia or hair loss. However, it is more common in men and older people; anyone can get it, even kids. Normally, between 50 and 100 hairs fall out daily; however, roughly 100,000 hairs in your head make this slight loss unnoticeable. In most cases, new hair grows to replace lost hair, although this isn’t always the case. Hair loss can occur suddenly or gradually over many years. It could be either transient or permanent, depending on the underlying cause.
The entire body, not just the scalp, may experience hair loss, which hereditary factors, hormonal changes, illnesses, or aging can bring on. Some people would rather naturally let their hair loss progress without treatment or camouflage. Some may disguise it with hats, scarves, makeup, or hairstyles. Others decide to use one of the treatments to stop additional hair loss or encourage growth.
Causes of Hair Loss
There are several causes of hair loss, including persistent underlying health issues, vitamin deficiencies, and excessive vitamin A intake.
1. Overdoses of vitamin A – Hair loss may result from vitamin D, b7, and biotin deficiency, as well as excessive intake of vitamin A. For adults and children over four, the Food and Drug Administration suggests 5,000 International Units (IU) of vitamin A each day. A supplement may have between 2,500 and 10,000 IU. Any more than that, therefore, may cause hair loss.
2. Stress and Hormonal Changes- Hair loss may result from stress or conditions such as pregnancy and other illnesses. The hormone cortisol, which the body releases when stressed, can affect the hair follicle and cause shedding or hair loss.
Researchers discovered that menopause and stopping or resuming birth control medications might cause hair loss. It is due to the hormonal balance alteration that occurs during those occurrences. At the same time, one form of physical stress might result in hair loss during pregnancy. It is more typical to experience pregnancy-related hair loss after childbirth than while pregnancy.
3. Lack of Protein – Unwanted hair loss might result from a diet deficient in protein. It might also be the reason why, based on anecdotal evidence, some dieters experience hair loss.
4. Genes – A combination of genes and male sex hormones results in male-pattern baldness, which often causes the hair to recede at the temples and leave an M-shaped hairline. On the other hand, females also develop female-pattern baldness or hair loss due to hormones as hair follicle shrinks over time to the point where they can no longer produce new hair, hair loss results, which is also a genetic factor.
5. Underlying Health Conditions – Different health conditions may cause hair loss; for example, unwanted hair loss may be caused by iron deficiency. When you don’t have enough iron in your body, you develop iron-deficiency anemia, which will also cause hair thinning. Moreover, thyroid disorders, including hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, can result in various hair problems, including thinning hair, less hair on other body parts, missing or thin eyebrows, soft, delicate hair that sheds a lot, and thinning hair. While scarring on the scalp from hair loss may prevent hair from growing back, hair loss is a typical side effect of both lupus and the drugs used to treat it. Hair and observable weight loss may also be signs of an eating disorder like bulimia or anorexia.
Rogaine Men’s Minoxidil Hair Thinning & Loss Treatment Foam
We’ve got plenty of hair loss treatment solutions here. For best results, you may end up using more than one. But what if you just want a single solution for your hair problem?
In that case, you want Rogaine’s Minoxidil Hair Thinning & Loss Treatment Foam. The reason this product is so popular is that it serves as a “two in one” solution.
If you begin using it soon after you notice hair loss, then this product does a great job of slowing that loss down. And if you use it pretty consistently (a minimum of six months), it can also help to promote hair growth.
The “secret ingredient” in this Rogaine product is the minoxidil. To learn more about how this can work miracles for your hair, check out Keeps Reviews.
Equate Men’s Minoxidil Hair Regrowth Treatment
In some respects, shopping for hair loss treatment products is like shopping for anything else. Sometimes, you want to buy the best products regardless of the cost. Other times, though, you want the best products that won’t break the bank.
For many people, Equate’s Minoxidil Hair Regrowth Treatment for men is the “best for your bucks” solution. On paper, this works as well as the Rogaine solution because it is rocking the same amount of minoxidil (5%).
The Equate solution is liquid rather than foam, allowing you to control exactly how much you use. With any luck, it will work perfectly and you will walk away with a fuller wallet and a fuller head of hair.
Different people struggle with different hair loss problems. Some people just want to slow down hair loss. Others have already lost a lot of hair want to regrow that hair right away.
If you’re more interested in hair growth, you’ll want to choose a more focused product. And Finasteride may be just the thing you’re looking for.
This product is actually a pill that you take once a day for a specific period (typically, a minimum of 30 days). You actually need a prescription to order it, though this product comes with full FDA backing.
How does it work, then? On a biological level, Finasteride helps reduce the amount of DHT in your body. And DHT is the pesky hormone that causes hair loss.
While Finasteride may work fine on its own, it is also safe to use it in conjunction with other products. If you use this as well as Rogaine, you can slow down hair loss and promote hair growth at the same time.
Nioxin Cleanser Shampoo
By now, you probably understand that hair loss is a process. To really fight it, you need to address the problem as early as possible.
Nioxin Cleanser Shampoo is a great product for men who just recently noticed the signs of hair loss. If your hair is starting to thin out, this shampoo can add some comforting weight and density to it.
But how well does it clean your hair? This shampoo removes all of that annoying oil and grease, moisturizing your hair without adding any additional weight to it. This helps to fight against hair loss while also leaving you feeling clean and fancy-free.
Lipogaine for Men
Earlier, we mentioned how you might want to use both Rogaine and Finasteride to get multiple results. After all, promoting hair growth and reducing hair loss is a winning combo. But what if you could get these results from a single product?
If that’s your goal, you should check out Lipogaine for Men. This is a liquid hair loss solution that packs the same percentage of minoxidil as Rogaine, allowing you to fight against hair loss in a powerful way.
At the same time, Lipogaine also matches the amount of minoxidil with azelaic acid. This acid helps to fight against DHT like Finasteride does, leading to the same result: hair growth.
Lipogaine gives you a way to save time and money, and it’s a great alternative for those who don’t like to use foams or oral medication.
Amplixin Revitalizing Argan Oil Conditioner
Earlier, we touched on the shampoo you can use to fight against hair loss. And that begs a pretty natural question: are there any specialized conditioners that can help with hair loss?
Amplixin Revitalizing Argan Oil Conditioner is a product that needs to be in your bath or shower. That’s because this deep conditioning solution fights against DHT with several creative methods.
The conditioner has “biomimetic peptides” as well as caffeine. By themselves, these ingredients don’t really do much to fight hair loss. Together, though, they reduce DHT and promote hair growth.
Combining the right shampoo and conditioner is a great way to fight hair loss on several different levels. You can also consider foltina plus as well.
DS Laboratories Spectral DNC-N Redensifying Hair Product
Much of this list contains minoxidil as an ingredient. It’s enough for you to ask whether that seeming miracle ingredient has any real downsides.
Here’s one: if you have a sensitive scalp, products like Rogaine can lead to an irritated scalp. When that happens, you may need to swap out the minoxidil and swap in the nanoxidil.
Products like DS Laboratories Spectral DNC-N Redensifying Hair Product give you all the benefits of minoxidil without the dry and itchy scalp (this is due to the ingredient retinol). And the azelaic acid in this helps fight DHT as well.
Long story short? This product fights hair loss and promotes hair growth, all without damaging sensitive scalps.
Hair Loss Treatments: What’s Next?
Now you know how to pick the right hair loss treatments for you and your loved ones. But do you know where to find more tips to lead an easier life?
We’re all about helping you get the most out of life. For more ways to live better, check out our Health and Beauty section today!