People in modern times prefer to be single or to have a partner without children. They wanted a more carefree life. Travel anywhere, stay late at night, wake up late and have the time of their lives. The majority of single people opt to watch television or play computer games.
The majority of the adults prefer to play games in an online casino. They simply log on to their favorite virtual casino site and voila! They can play all sorts of casino games to their heart content.
At some point in our adult life, we come to realize the need to have a child, especially for couples. They may want to fill a space in their house or maybe a fulfillment to their marriage. To make them feel whole. The question is, are you ready?
Different areas of parenthood
Whether a woman conceives the child or has a child through adoption, we already participated in a different kind of human relationship that would become part of our lives forever. Counselors often ask a couple of the following.
Stability comes in many forms such as emotionally, psychologically, and financially. The couple must assess themselves if they are indeed ready to become parents. Emotional and psychological readiness is a sign of maturity of the person towards responsibility. This is the time wherein half of what you have been used to should be put on hold such as partying or traveling. Financial stability is also essential for the child to have proper growth. As an expected parent, one has to be ready for the things that you should sacrifice to put the baby’s needs in the top priority.
2. Physical health
Our physical health has to be checked also to avoid further complications. Some women might have health issues due to congenital health problems or age. An expected mother should get a monthly check-up and get a proper diet for the safe delivery of the baby. Take vitamins such as Vitamin D, Calcium, and Folic Acid. Avoid coffee, cigarette, and alcoholic drinks. Eat a balanced diet and exercise as per the doctor’s advice.
3. Solid reasons for having a child
Being a parent is a lifetime commitment. It is more tangible than marital vows because we can file for a divorce if the marriage fails. Children should not be used as a ground for selfish motives. Children are brought up in this world because we know it is time for us to start a family.
Preparation for the baby’s arrival
Whether we are preparing for the delivery (to give birth) or for the adoption papers to be approved, parents should get ready for the following:
- a) Coordinate the baby’s place and needs at home from the baby’s crib, the nursery room, feeding bottles, and the baby walker.
- b) Stock up baby’s essentials and household items. Baby’s essentials such as clothes, nappies, pins, baby bath soap, vitamins, and formula.
- c) Condition yourselves of your new role as parents. Check your body if you’re capable of breastfeeding and if you’re willing to breastfeed a baby, and what name should be given to the baby.
- d) Take time to be with your spouse while waiting for the baby’s coming. You will need each other in handling the infant and your hands might get full for the baby’s demands.
What an additional family member can do to family relationships
- Babies make the house seem livelier.
- Relationships between family and relatives appear stronger than ever and more bonding moments with them as well.
- Babies help lessen depression.
Being a parent is exciting but can be challenging as well. It is not an easy task rearing a human being but it can be fulfilling.