Before starting the research to buy a good vacuum cleaner, answer the following questions
- What flooring do I have?
- How often do I vacuum?
- Am I allergic to dust? Do I need control allergens?
- How well can I maintain the cleaner? Does the vacuum cleaner require high maintenance?
- How much noise does the vacuum cleaner make?
- How many levels are present in my home?
- What are the additional surfaces at my home?
The above questions help the buyer to make the right choice. Here are some of the tips to buy the right vacuum cleaner
There are 2 major types namely upright vacuums and canister vacuums
Upright Vacuum Cleaners
The upright cleaners are less expensive than the canister cleaners. They are well suited for deep carpet cleaning. They are easy to store.
They require pushing and pulling. They are heavier as well. They weigh around 20 pounds.
Canister Vacuum Cleaners
They are well suited to clean bare floors, stairs, under the furniture, etc. The attachments of the cleaner are handy for upholstery and drapes. They are quieter as compared to the upright cleaners. They are lighter as well. This is mainly because, the power head is separate.
They are bulkier than the upright models. This makes storage difficult. The hose and wand make it harder to squeeze into a closet.
A motorized brush cleans the carpet better. Similarly, a switch to deactivate the brush will protect the finish of the bare floors. There are also models with height adjustment controls, suction control and other delicate fabric cleaning.
Learn about varied features. Prioritize them according to the needs.
A bagless cleaner saves the cost of purchasing bags. However, they will require periodic cleaning. Also, if the person has asthma problem,dust and mess of emptying the bin of a bagless model can be problematic.
Try At Stores
Even if the buyer is ordering online, there is nothing wrong in trying it out at the stores. Lift, push, pull and turn the cleaner. Try out every feature. Make sure they fulfil the needs and are handy.
There are cleaners that have special option to clean pets’ hairs. Such cleaners should have at least 12 amps of power. Make sure it comes with crevices and special brushes. They are necessary for cleaning.
Make sure the filters are HEPA. They are High – Efficiency Particulate Air filter. They trap pollutants. It works by forcing air through fine mesh that traps harmful particles such as pet dander, pollen, dust mites and tobacco smoke.
- Pick an upright cleaner for more cleaner power. They have dual motors, a long handle and a foot lever for deep cleaning
- If versatility is the priority, go for a canister vacuum cleaner.
- Go for a robotic vacuum cleaner for less manual labor. This is the best option for those who hate vacuum cleaning. They are quiet but requires frequent emptying.
The above tips help to select the best home vacuum.