Times are changing and CBD products are at the forefront of a huge wellness trend. Mainstream publications, like The Atlantic and Forbes have published a full range of articles on cannabis use for moms. A lot of moms are interested in learning more about CBD and cannabis and many have started their own wellness journey with favorite brands and products.
It’s funny how quickly things have evolved. In our mother’s generation, an article with this title might be about how to tell if your child was “smoking weed”. As more states legalize the use of marijuana and CBD products for medical and recreational use, some of that stigma has gone away. And for moms of this generation, that’s a great thing. If you’re looking for natural ways to improve quality of life, reduce inflammation or pain, and moderate stress, some of these products can help.
CBD Benefits for Moms
Moms have always joked about wine and cocktails. Parenthood is full time and stressful. Many moms are finding that responsibly using cannabis or CBD can help alleviate stress without the adverse side effects of other options, such as alcohol or harsher prescription drugs. There are more uses for CBD, too. Some moms enjoy products that improve skin or alleviate pain. And, not all cannabis products alter your mental state. Some moms prefer CBD which doesn’t have the “high” that products with THC produce. So you get all the benefits without the mind-altering side effects that can limit your ability to work or do certain activities.
There are a lot of different uses. Some of the most common include:
- Improved Health. CBD has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Many people use CBD as a simple supplement to increase their overall health.
- There are some great products on the market for skincare with CBD. As a natural antioxidant, it’s combined with other ingredients to improve glow, reduce puffiness, and diminish signs of aging.
- Treats Stress and Anxiety. CBD is becoming a popular way to treat stress and anxiety. Most people tolerate cannabis based products much better than other medications, so it’s a safe alternative to other prescriptions.
- Pain Treatment. For aches and pains, this can be an effective treatment option with very few side effects.
- Let’s not forget simple enjoyment. There’s nothing wrong with using cannabis recreationally where it’s legal to do so.
There are new products entering the market all the time. Moms who haven’t used cannabis products before might be a little intimidated by the vast amount of information. There are a lot of different ways to buy and use CBD, and there are different products on the market that include it as an ingredient. To make the products a little less confusing, we put together a quick guide.
Different Types of Products
If you’re new to buying or using CBD and cannabis products, purchasing can look confusing. There are different types of products and a few methods to use it. None is wrong or right. You’re simply looking for the most convenient and beneficial method for your lifestyle and uses. CBD products don’t give you that “high”. If you’re looking more for wellness benefits and don’t want anything that alters you mentally, CBD is going to be a better fit for you.
The most common ways to take CBD and cannabis products.
- The traditional method of smoking cannabis is still preferred by many people. This type of product does have THC and different types of cannabis are better suited for certain things. Your local dispensary should have a good range of information about each product they offer to help you decide.
- CBD oil can be used under the tongue and this method produces a quick response because it goes straight into the bloodstream, bypassing your digestive system. Tinctures are easy to store and use.
- Vaping is a popular method to consume oils. A lot of people enjoy this method because it’s simple and there’s no mess or residue.
- Edibles are one of the most popular ways to take CBD. There are all types of sweet treats and beverages made with CBD.
- Many people use ointments or lotions infused with CBD to ease aches or issues in specific areas.
CBD oil and cannabis have many uses. Most people will find products they prefer and that work well for them. It’s a good idea to look at recommendations or if you are in Seattle, talk to a bud tender at Seattle dispensaries, since they should have knowledgeable insight. You can also talk to friends who might have good advice about products. And don’t be afraid to experiment to find the things that work for you.