Linzess is a potent medication for the treatment of constipation. It helps in better bowel movement, which in turn can reduce straining. This medication contains linaclotide, which relaxes the muscles in the intestinal tract to relieve constipation. Linzess is not addictive and does not cause nausea or headache. However, it may cause diarrhea or loose stool in some users. So, it is essential to take the medication as prescribed.
The action of Linzess Medicine
Linzess acts in the intestines. It stimulates the muscle cells in the intestine to move outwards. This helps in proper bowel movement and reduces straining, which may cause pain and bleeding. Linzess belongs to a group of peptides called linaclotide, which is abundantly present in the intestines. The action of linaclotide consists in activating muscles cells of the digestive tract. The release of linaclotide after the intake of Linzess can produce several effects. These effects include;
- Stress Reduction and Anxiety Relief: This medication may help you reduce your stress levels and relieve you from the symptoms of stress-induced constipation. It also helps relieve related constipation that may lead to your anxiety problems.
- Dental Health Improvement: This medication improves oral health. Regular use of this medication helps in improving your mouth cleanliness, which reduces the risk of developing/getting ill/getting an infection or gum infections caused by bacteria, fungi, or viruses.
- Lower The Risk Of Bladder Infection: Taking this medication regularly can help you in reducing your risk of urinary tract infections (UTI). It also helps regulate urine flow by reducing the risk of bladder strain.
- Reduce Pain And Increase Muscle Strength: Linzess helps increase muscle strength and reduce muscle pain. Using this medication regularly can help you achieve better muscle health and normalize your bowel movements.
FDA has approved linaclotide for treating chronic constipation (to make stool soft and easy to pass) in adults who have not responded adequately to conventional treatment for constipation. It is available as an oral capsule and suspension, a widespread medicine, and can be found in any nearby medical store. Linzess price in Canada may vary on the dosage you are taking.
Side Effects of Linzess
Some side effects may affect a few people and may not bother others at all People who are allergic to linaclotide, or any of its related compounds are at risk of having allergic reactions. Allergic reactions to linaclotide include rashes, hives, and stomach discomfort. Some non-allergic people may also have rashes because the medication can cause considerable changes in the skin. Other side effects may include;
1. Abdominal Pain: This is one of the most common side effects of using Linzess Medicine. It may be caused due to blockage or strain in the intestines, resulting in pain and burning sensation.
2. Headache: This medication may cause headaches and dizziness in some patients.
3. Constipation: Some people may develop constipation while taking this medication. The side effects will go away soon after you stop taking this medication.
Linzess is a drug that works by enhancing the natural process of bowel movements. It may also reduce constipation and increase the frequency of bowel movements. Furthermore, it improves your oral health and reduces your risk of getting UTI or other health-related problems like gum infections.