A trip can only be successful if you can find a tour group that ensures a smooth adventure to your favorite destination. Whether you are planning for a group or a family trip, it is recommendable to prepare before researching different tour guide companies and their availability during your stay. It will help you budget well because you can price out the itinerary yourself. A reputable tour guide company provides quality services by providing you expert guides and booking for everything for you at an affordable fee.
Things You Should Do Before Travelling
Stay updated – Ensure you gather all relevant information by consulting the website of the government of your home country about the recent safety and security situation of your intended destination. You can also source relevant details from websites such as the Australian Government, the USA Department of State, and the UK Government.
Apply for travel documents – They include visas and international passports whose application is fast on the website of your home country`s government website. You can apply for Electronic System for Travel Authorization if traveling via/to the USA or when traveling to/via Canada.
Plan your itinerary – Online travel guides are a good source of services offered as per your destination. You can search for perfect online travel guides in West Australia like The Margaret River Experience WA Guides to know the packages they offer in their services and how affordable they are. Ensure you compare three such guides to choose the one that suits your needs with quality services.
Know the weather of your destination – Most states experience summer and winter season; therefore, it is recommendable that you know the weather to prepare adequately for activities suited to it and pack appropriate outfits.
Set aside enough funds – During your stay, you will need to pay for bills after buying food, drinks, fuelling, etc. Ensure all your cred cards are topped up and valid; for places that do not accept credit cards, ensure you bring your travel checks.
Book in advance – To ensure you do not spend too much on accommodations, flights, tour guides, ensure you book online before the scheduled date.
Tips for Selecting a Legit Tour Guide Company
You will need to choose a reputable tour guide company such as The Margaret River Experience WA to ensure your adventure is full of thrilling and pleasant experiences. Everyone fancies a successful trip with exciting tour guides to exotic spots creating lifetime memories for family members and friends. Ensure you employ the following strategies;
Look for a licensed tour guide company – Every country has a tourism department that helps improve its tourists` experiences by setting bodies that streamline tourist activities. It also enhances safety by introducing regulations against rogue operations. A licensed guide company operates under an outlined code of ethics in collaboration with professionally trained tour guides with good communication skills and time management. A legit tour guide company must be in operation for more than five years providing high-quality services.
Explore various social media pages – Most reputable tour companies advertise their products and services on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook. Ensure you explore various reviews and comments from previous clients and select the one with more positive reviews. Seek referrals from relatives, friends, and colleagues with experience from one of these companies with high-quality services. The activity requires sufficient time to get information from reliable sources. Read blogs on websites online to know the type of tour request you should make. Negative feedback about a company by most members on any platform indicates the company does not offer good services.
Set a timeframe for your trip – Depending on your availability, it will be easy for the tour guide to select appropriate spots for you to visit. It ensures you get an opportunity to tour the most beautiful scenes in your destination and capture the best memories. Besides, it helps the tour guide schedule their availability on picking you and bringing you to the agreed endpoint on time.
Make Travel Plans for Western Australia
Consider all of the travel resources accessible while organizing your trip to Western Australia. Here are a few ideas for creating the ideal travel itinerary:
- Find the best departure dates by using travel tools.
- Before making travel arrangements, establish your budget.
- See suggestions for making reservations for travel, lodging, rentals, and tours.
- Learn more about money, customs, and visas.
- Read safety guidelines to maintain your health and safety.
- Check out the top cellphone sims for Western Australia.
- Plan your trips by learning about the areas of Western Australia.
- Make travel arrangements for Western Australia.
- Create a schedule with destinations, accommodations, and activities.
- Reserve a vehicle, a place to stay, and excursions.
- Get a list of things to bring on your vacation.
Best Season to Visit Western Australia Based on Weather
Western Australia is fortunate in having year-round tourism. A Mediterranean climate prevails in the state’s southwest, while tropical weather prevails in the north.
Perth experiences warm winters with maximum temperatures of 12°C and typical maximum summer temperatures of 30°C with very little rain. Typically, July is the coolest month while February is the hottest.
Wet and dry seasons alternate in the state’s northern region. The greatest season to visit is winter when there is less humidity, clear skies, and less rain. Prices will be cheaper in the summer, but there will likely be flooding and cyclones due to the excessive rain.
In Western Australia, Marble Bar has 160 days with temperatures exceeding 37 °C, whereas Bridgetown has 33 days every year with a low temperature of 2 °C.
The southern high season (also known as the tourist season) runs from Christmas to the end of January, which also happens to be the summer break for schools in Western Australia. Expect high costs and trouble finding accommodation quickly.
Western Australia Travel Resources
Due to their low costs and excellent customer service, most often travel Qatar Airways to Europe and Virgin Australia inside Australia.
Prefer to flip through a printed trip guide in addition to using internet resources like other travel blogs. If you want to take them with you, you either buy them from Bookdepository or borrow them from the local library.
It is suggested to primarily utilize Booking.com for lodging since their rates are always the lowest and they offer free cancellation on the majority of hotels. For private accommodations, use Stayz because it is frequently less expensive than Airbnb.
Utilize Discover Cars, a well-regarded website for automobile rental price comparison, to compare rental car provider costs. They are well-regarded and provide competitive rates in more than 10,00 sites throughout the globe.
RV or Camper Rental
Drivenow is a useful tool for comparing campervan rentals in Western Australia because it has both big and small businesses, like Britz, Maui, and Jucy.
Attractions & Tours
Due to their free cancellation policies, rapid confirmation, pricing guarantees, and mobile ticketing, people utilize third-party websites, Viator, Get Your Guide, and Klook. At times, people make reservations with Red Balloon as well.
Wise has just become a tool that is utilized to access cash abroad, notably for travel to Bali and Malaysia. They provide a debit card in 50 different currencies, and transfers are quick, free of extra charges, and the conversion rate is not marked up. ATMs are another way to obtain money. In comparison to using our standard debit and credit cards, Wise has helped us save a lot of money.
The two best choices for local and international travel insurance providers are Cover-More and Travel Insurance Direct.
Is a visa required for entry into Western Australia?
Unless you are an Australian or a citizen of New Zealand, you will require a visa to visit Western Australia.
Prior to your departure, a visa application is required. You can apply for some visas at the Australian Embassy in your country, such as tourist and working holiday visas. On the website of the Australian Department of Home Affairs, you may apply for several visas.
Items That Are Not Allowed into Western Australia
You risk getting into trouble if you bring certain things into Western Australia without disclosing them. Drugs, firearms, wildlife that is protected, fresh or prepared food, plants, seeds, skins, and feathers are a few of the forbidden products. The website of the Australian Border Force has more details.
Australian dollars are the official currency of Australia, and both cash and credit cards are commonly used.
Banks, lodging establishments, and international airports all provide currency exchange. Except for rural or outback settlements, most cities have ATMs.
The electrical current in Australia is AC 50Hz, 220-240 volts.
You might need an adaptor for your appliances. For Australia, you will need a Type 1 Australia plug, which has three flat metal pins arranged in a triangle with a center pin.
The primary supplier, Telstra, has the best mobile coverage. If you want to remain in the metro region, the Optus network is more affordable and offers superior service. Although there is no service in rural places, Telstra is advised for the regions.
On the Telstra 4G Mobile Network, people utilize Boost. You can choose the ideal prepaid SIM for you with up to 82GB for 28 days or 240 GB for 12 months, unlimited domestic calls and texts, and international inclusions on chosen plans.
- Western Australia is the biggest state in Australia, with 2,525,500 sq km, or almost the same area as Western Europe.
- 2.5 million people call it home. The population of Perth, the nation’s capital, is 1.9 million (2016 Census).
- Perth experiences lengthy, scorching summers from December to February and warm, chilly winters from June to August.
- Perth has an average of 8 hours of sunlight every day, which is more than any other Australian capital city.
- Be sun savvy since the sun in Western Australia is quite powerful. Wear a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect yourself from sunburn, especially between 10 am and 3 pm.
- Western Australia has a pink lake
- Over 500 kinds of fish and 250 varieties of coral may be found on Western Australia’s Ningaloo Reef, which is the biggest fringing reef in the world.
- The Margaret River wine area, which is well-known across the globe and produces some of Australia’s greatest wines, is located in Western Australia.
- The Pinnacles Desert, a singular natural marvel in Nambung National Park, is made up of hundreds of limestone pillars that protrude from the sand.
- The Jarrah tree, which may survive for up to 1,000 years, is one of the oldest living things in the world, and it can be found in Western Australia.
- The Wave Rock is a natural rock structure that resembles a massive ocean wave that has been preserved in time. It is situated close to the town of Hyden.
- With its 400,000 square kilometers of rough terrain, the Kimberley region of Western Australia is one of the remaining really great wilderness places in the world.
- There are about 300 different bird species in Western Australia, along with kangaroos, wallabies, and echidnas.