Since there are so many online casinos to choose from, it is not surprising that there are bad online casinos. Some can be executed by fraud or to steal personal information. However, this bad gambling website should be easy to spot if you are savvy: you can play with confidence.
What to expect from a safe online casino
Here’s what every player should expect from an online gaming site.
- Safe and secure environment.
- A mechanism to withdraw and deposit when you want and in a secure way.
- Fair game.
All legitimate gaming platforms will require you to prove your age/ID at some point during the signup process. It means faxing or scanning a copy of your ID as well as proof of address. Again, that is done during the signup process, not when you withdraw your first cash.
How do you know if an online casino is good or bad?
There are many factors you can use to discover an excellent online casino. For example, to create a list of the best online casino Canada 2022 we can include:
- Recognizable brand names: Online casinos usually rank high on search engines like Google. They gained fame in the press. A well-known brand name is much more reliable than an unknown brand.
- Where the website is licensed: Research where the casino is licensed. It is usually displayed at the bottom of the website’s homepage. Ideally, you should find licensing jurisdictions such as Malta, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Alderney, Kanawak and the UK. However, there are other jurisdictions possible, including Antigua. It is also generally good, but it doesn’t have a solid reputation for dispute resolution.
- Software: Among the major gaming sites, the software is usually only offered by big names. Find RTG, Net Entertainment, Microgaming, or Playtech. Also, look for gambling sites that use Novomatic, WMS, and Aristocrat games. It’s generally safe.
- The brand behind the website: Perhaps the essential factor when looking for an excellent online casino and the bad thing is seeing the name that underpins the casino. Each good place to play should have its own “Company Information” section. Here you will find transparent information about the person running the casino, such as the company name and address. Phone numbers, addresses and information along those lines are essential. When you read “fluff,” walk away.
- Bad reviews: You can’t always trust reviews. Some companies actively pay writers to write bad reviews of their competitors and good reviews for their services. However, look for independent review websites to evaluate whether a casino offers a good quality of service.
- Spam: You should also be aware of the spam. Each brand wants to lure you in, so they can send you weird emails to get you back to their website. However, there should be an option to log out of these endless emails. Do not sign up for online casinos via spam emails. Always check the website thoroughly.
Can you be confident about using an online casino?
Fill out your own checklist before signing up for an online casino: email logout option; good customer reviews; an exact name and address in the About Us section; popular software; regulation; and well-known licensing jurisdictions.
There is no denying that there are “bad eggs”. However, you should have an enjoyable and safe online gambling experience in most cases.