A screen enclosure can be a great addition to any home. Not only does it provide extra protection from the elements, but it can also help to keep insects and other pests out. In addition, a screen enclosure can provide a private space for relaxation or entertaining guests.
If you live in an area with high winds, a screen enclosure can also help to prevent your patio furniture from being blown around. Whether you are looking for extra protection from the sun or just want to create a more private outdoor space, a screen enclosure is a great option.
Benefits of Having a Screen Enclosure
- A screen enclosure has many benefits that make it a great addition to any home. For one, it provides a protected area for children and pets to play.
- Additionally, it can keep pests out of your yard and away from your home. Screen enclosures can also provide some much-needed shade on hot days.
- And, because they block out UV rays, they can help to prevent sun damage to your furniture and flooring.
Whether you’re looking for a way to improve your outdoor space or simply want to enjoy the outdoors without worrying about pests, a screen enclosure is a great option.
How to Build a Screen Enclosure
A screen enclosure is a great way to enjoy the outdoors without having to worry about bugs or other pests. And while it may seem like a daunting task, building a screen enclosure is actually relatively easy. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Start by choosing a location for your enclosure. You’ll want to pick a spot that’s close to your house and has plenty of sunlight.
- Next, you’ll need to gather materials. You’ll need wood for the frame, screens, and door, as well as tools like a saw and drill.
- Once you have all of your materials, it’s time to start building! Begin by constructing the frame of the enclosure. Then, add the screens and door.
- Finally, finish things up by adding any finishing touches, like trim or decorations.
How to Install a Screen Enclosure
- The first step is to measure the area where you want to install the screen enclosure. Make sure to account for all door and window openings.
- Next, you’ll need to purchase the material for your screen enclosure. There are many different types of screens available, so make sure to choose one that is durable and will withstand the elements.
- Once you have the materials, you’ll need to assemble the frame for your screen enclosure. This can be done with either wood or metal framing. If you’re using metal framing, make sure to use powder-coated aluminium to avoid rusting.
- After the frame is assembled, you’ll need to attach the screens. Start at one end and work your way around, making sure that each screen is properly secured.
- Finally, add any doors or windows that you want in your screen enclosure. Make sure that they fit snugly in the opening and seal them properly to keep insects out.
How to Maintain a Screen Enclosure
- Clean the screens regularly with a soft brush or vacuum attachment. This will remove dust and debris that can build up over time and make the screens look dirty.
- Inspect the frames and screens for signs of damage. If you see any tears or holes, repair them as soon as possible to prevent insects and other pests from getting inside.
- Add weatherstripping around doors and windows to help seal out drafts. This will also help reduce noise from outside.
Factors to Consider when Building a Screen Enclosure
Of course, each of the other aspects has an impact on the price. The overall effect and the ultimate product are impacted by everything, from the materials utilized to the contractor chosen. A wise choice is to assess your available area, select the enclosure type, and then complete the procedure with your contractor.
You can extend the enclosure off your home or have it stand alone in the yard, depending on where it is. Consider expanding the area surrounding your pool before erecting the enclosure if you’re walking or gathering space is restricted because you will have to pay to expand the enclosure in the future.
You might want a patio or pool screen that can withstand the elements and keep out even the tiniest insects. There are actually different types of pool screens, and they can accomplish anything from reduce solar heat gain to fend off mold and mildew. For preventing bug invasions and lowering wind-blown waste, Phifer screen, which has a high mesh count, can be utilized. If you wish to keep your pets inside and undesired animals outside, you can purchase pet screens that are scratch-resistant.
With a few tweaks and design decisions, everything from the material used to the enclosure’s size can affect the cost. The price to create a screen enclosure ranges from $6,000 to $8,000 on average, but it also depends on the enclosure’s design and any extra features you want.
More than just keeping insects out, building a screen enclosure enhances the appearance of your house. Importantly, it raises the market value of your house. The fence around the pool prevents neighboring kids from wandering into your property and utilizing the pool unattended or without your consent. Also, it stops animals from harming your pool area.
Building a screen enclosure is a great way to enjoy your backyard or patio in comfort. By following these simple steps, you can create a space that’s perfect for entertaining or relaxing in the great outdoors! Follow these maintenance tips, and you can keep your screen enclosure looking like new for years to come.