The first week of 2023 is finally here, and for most of us, health was a big aspect of the life we lead amidst a waning pandemic. However, there’s always room for improvement, now that we can completely focus on maximizing our health rather than protecting it. Here are five steps you can take to gear up for a healthy 2023!
- Improve your diet: One of the most significant issues with eating without any bounds and rules is how we don’t notice the change in our metabolism. It’s easy to digest and process complex ingredients and junk food when we are younger, but our bodies start slowing down as we age. Unhealthy snacks don’t help, hindering healthy digestion and nutrition assimilation. If you feel sluggish and bloated all the time, try to switch processed foods, saturated fats, sugar, and other ingredients that may be causing such reactions. Integrate your meals with a planned diet of balanced ingredients and watch your body get its vitality back.
- Give your sleep schedule a makeover: If you’re getting six hours of sleep but still wake up feeling tired all the time, there’s some remedying to do. Your sleep schedule needs to be constant and consistent, and not erratic bursts of all-nighters binge-watching supplemented by sleep at odd hours. Sleeping during the night with no distractions, phones, or breaks can be achieved by cutting out distractions. If you work night shifts, find a way to create a stable period where you get 7-7 hours of solid sleep during the day.
- Switch out the sedentary habits: Your work-from-home system may be saving you commute time, but are you using your time well? If you’re not getting regular exercise of about 30-45 minutes a day, 2023 is a great year to start your fitness journey. Moving your body regularly, be it cycling, walking or jogging, or hitting the gym, is an essential aspect of achieving 360-degree fitness.
- Quit alcohol and nicotine: Two of the most harmful substances to your health and well-being are alcohol and nicotine. Not only do they mess with your metabolism and natural processes, but they also lead to premature aging and brain disintegration. As the year ends in festivities, it’s a great time to start your journey of quitting such substances. If you have anxiety and excessive stress, we suggest you switch to CBD products like a Yocan dab pen, which have no side effects and are medically safe. For smokers looking to quit nicotine, vaping CBD extracts from shop @ Mind Vapes can be a good alternative.
- Boost your cognitive abilities: Aging can slow down the speed at which your brain can develop new neurons, which affects your processing power. To make sure your cognition stays sharp in your 40s and later, you need to start early. Take health supplements rich in omega 3 and other brain superfoods to turn your mental health around.
By taking control of the five aspects mentioned above, you will be able to gain confidence in your handle on health. In a month, you’ll notice why it was a good idea to not wait for the 1st of January. We wish you a happy new year in advance!