According to a survey report released by the Australian Health Department, 1 in every 25 Australians aged 15 and above have no natural teeth left. This report conveys two things- the prevalence of dental problems in Australian adults and their casual approach towards dental diseases. Most dental ailments start without any symptoms making it difficult for early detection. But with a regular visit to a dentist and timely detection, dental problems can be kept in check. For the people of Glebe, dental care service providers like the DN dentist in Glebe have made good oral health an easily achievable task.
How often should a dentist be visited?
A dentist should be visited regularly to get a thorough examination of teeth and detect any early signs of dental ailments. Many serious diseases like periodontitis occur without symptoms, and hence only a practised expert can detect it. Regular dental checkups and subsequent dental cleaning are also a great way to prevent bad breath and build-up of plaque on teeth.
What are the services offered by the dentists in Glebe?
Dentists in Glebe provide world-class dentistry services with their advanced technologies and equipment. Some reputed dental care centers like the DN dentist in Glebe stand out for delivering dental care services in a relaxed and friendly way.
Following are the services offered by dental clinics in and around Glebe:
- Regular dental checkups and cleaning- Dentists in Glebe provide routine dental checkups to ensure excellent oral health. A deep cleaning service is also offered to remove plaque build-up.
- Periodontal care- The health of gums or periodontal care is an essential service provided by dentists. On detection of gum diseases, the doctors first gauge the seriousness of the situation and treat it accordingly.
In case of gingivitis or early gum disease, the doctors usually remove build-up plaque and tartar and do a deep clean till gum line. After this initial procedure, the patients are aptly counseled to avoid any future spread of the disease.
In the case of periodontitis, a periodontist may perform bone grafting, pocket-depth reduction, and other necessary steps to put a stop to the disease.
- Teeth Whitening- A cavity or a gum disease is not the only reason to visit a dentist. Modern dentistry has come a long way in terms of teeth whitening techniques, and hence patients can trust their dentist without any skepticism to get that pearly white smile. There are many treatment options available, like getting laminate veneers or porcelain veneers.
- Dental Implantation- With a wide range of dental implant options available, more people are moving towards it instead of traditional dentures and plates. Attached to your mouth, dental implants are easier to maintain, unlike traditional dentures, which have a risk of falling out.
The dentist determines dental implants for each patient according to their preferences. Endosteal implants and subperiosteal implants are two common types of implants. Endosteal implants are placed under the jaw, while the latter is placed under the gums.
- Orthodontic Treatment- Orthodontic treatment refers to treating and correcting misaligned teeth and jaws. An orthodontic dentist puts the right braces or Invisalign to correct crooked teeth.
These are some of the most important types of dentistry practices by the dentists in and around Glebe. Apart from this, most dental clinics offer special services like sedation dentistry and pediatric dentistry. Sedation dentistry is a great option for anyone anxious about dental visits. Pediatric dentistry is specially designed for children and hence covers all the dental-related ailments in children.
Ester Adams is a farmer of words in the field of creativity. She is an experienced independent content writer with a demonstrated history of working in the writing and editing industry. She is a multi-niche content chef who loves cooking new things.