Did you ever glance at the mirror and feel that your face requires some rectification? Maybe the ears stick straight outside or the nose is too large, or lips too broad and so on. Perhaps you are conscious of your body aesthetics, which hampers your self-esteem. If you have encountered any of these problems, you might have thought about plastic surgery for probable results. Remember that you are not facing this scenario alone. There are hundreds and thousands of individuals who consider the process every year.
Teenagers love opting for plastic surgery because of the impressive results. Cosmetic surgery has evolved considerably and has become a non-invasive procedure performed on teenagers every year. Some common plastic surgeries that teenagers select include correcting asymmetrical breasts, large breasts, nose jobs, scarring resulting from injuries, and many more. These procedures need reputable plastic surgeons promising care and precision.
Why do teenagers love plastic surgery?
Teenagers seek plastic surgery for multiple reasons. One justification is that they want to correct their body contours to grab attention. It is sometimes for seeking entry into a peer group or to impress their male friends. However, these are not appropriate reasons that one must have. You must be cautious of your self-esteem, which must be your reason for the surgery. Wherever you think of undergoing the process, you must have adequate reasons to go for the change. Teenagers often communicate that their self-confidence and self-image improve when the physical shortcomings are modified. If you are careful of your appearance and want to stand out in the crowd, you may choose plastic surgeon Haruko Okada. However, getting a reputable plastic surgeon is a challenging task. Whether it is a dermatologist, general surgeon, ophthalmologist, or Otolaryngologist, you must ask them the following questions:
- About their training
- The number of procedures they have performed
- How many processes they do annually
- What results have they achieved?
Never be afraid of asking these questions because you must have clarity about the experience and knowledge base of the plastic surgeon. These individuals get specially trained in distinct processes. You must grab their help and ensure that they are board-certified.
Common plastic surgeries for teenagers
Before you fix your meeting with your plastic surgeon, you must have a comprehensive understanding of the different surgeries that are popular among teenagers. These include the following:
- Rhinoplasty: Of all the processes, rhinoplasty is the most common procedure that teenagers demand. Nose reshaping or nose job is common among teenagers and also adults. If you consider this process, ensure that you are above fifteen to seventeen years of age.
- Otoplasty: Otoplasty is ear pinback, and kids older than five to six years can go for it.
- Gynecomastia: The process is necessary for treating excessive breast development in male individuals. Usually, the condition disappears after some time. However, if it does not, you would require a surgical procedure.
- Laser treatment: It is necessary for smoothening skin scarring resulting from acne. Filler injection or collagen helps in repairing skin defects. There are other treatments to treat acne scars; it includes pulse light, chemical peels, heating devices, radiofrequency and micro-needling.
When going for these processes, ensure realistic expectations and goals. Remember that the surgery must be done in accredited surgical facilities and handled by an able surgeon. A surgeon experienced and trained in a specific procedure is the right individual to perform the job.