Breast asymmetry or uneven breasts are very common. Typically, a female has uneven breasts in different phases of life, such as during puberty, childbirth, and menopause. In some cases, genetics can also influence the development of the chest, causing uneven size or shape.
The biological explanation for this is the presence of more breast tissue cells on one side. These cells are sensitive to estrogen; thus, grows quickly as compared to the side with fewer cells.
But, that’s not the only reason behind the uneven development of breasts. Curious to learn more? Keep on reading!
Causes Of Uneven Breasts
Aside from the natural reasons mentioned above, sometimes medical conditions can affect breast size and shape. These conditions are as follows:
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is one of the beautiful phases of a woman’s life. However, this phase comes with its fair share of challenges. The unevenness of breasts is one such challenge. It generally happens because the body is preparing itself for breastfeeding. Additionally, the changes in hormones also play a significant role in sagging breasts.
- Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia (ADH): This condition affects the growth of breast tissue cells. To put it simply, more cells line the milk duct, causing irregular shape and size. ADH in itself is not a serious issue; however, it may increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Hypoplastic Breasts: Hypoplastic breasts are also known as underdeveloped breasts. As the name suggests, in this condition, the breast size is small, caused by hormonal changes. In a few cases, injury or severe medical condition can also lead to underdevelopment of the chest.
How To Create Symmetry In Breasts?
Asymmetrical breasts are normal; however, they can cause self-consciousness. That’s why many women opt for different treatments to improve their shape and size. Below are a few treatments:
- Cosmetic Surgery: Breast augmentation is one of the preferred cosmetic procedures for improving breast shape, size, and volume. In fact, the clients who opted for breast augmentation by Dr. Michelle Lee shared that the procedure is tailored according to their needs. The doctor or surgeon will also help select the best-fitted implant for natural-looking breasts with precise body measurements and breast analysis.
- Regular Breast Massage: Another method is to massage the breasts regularly. It will help in improving blood circulation and stimulating prolactin production. It is recommended to use sesame or flaxseed oil for massage to encourage breast growth. Also, make sure to massage the underdeveloped or smaller one twice as compared to the larger one.
- Regular Exercise: Exercising, particularly strength training, can help improve the size and shape of the breast naturally. The exercises you can try for fuller chest muscles include dumbbell chest press, dumbbell pec fly, pushups, and up-down plank.
The Bottom Line
Although uneven breasts are not a severe issue, regular visits to the doctor are a wise decision. It can help diagnose early signs of breast cancer. Besides that, there are numerous treatments available that one can use to improve the size and shape of breasts. Even so, make sure to discuss the expectations with the doctor, and learn about procedure details.