Having freshly cooked healthy meals delivered to your doorstep is one of the many wonders of the 21st century. You can order healthy soups, salads, curries, pasta, and risottos online. It will help you save on preparation time and instead spend it with your family and enjoy a hearty meal together.
There are many meal delivery services available in Australia. Choosing one to feed your family and friends can be an overwhelming task. If you are looking to get healthy soups delivered to your doorstep, you can choose to browse through the websites like Salad Servers Direct for more information.
Factors to Look For in a Meal Delivery Service
Where does the meal delivery service source their produce from? Locally sourced produce is of high quality and flavoursome as it is rich in nutrient density. By consuming Australian produce, you make a healthy choice for yourself and your family while supporting local farmers and growers.
The Australian Government’s Department of Health promotes local and seasonal produce as you benefit from maximum nutrient content and get value for your money. If your soup is being prepared using locally sourced products, you can rest easy knowing you support local farmers by merely enjoying a meal from such a meal delivery service.
Once you place an order for a soup, is it freshly prepared, or do you receive a pre-cooked soup filled with preservatives in less than 40 minutes? Look out for meal delivery services that freshly prepare your meal order.
Reputed providers like Salad Servers Direct prepares your meal fresh and offers free delivery in 36 to 48 hours.
All soups on the meal delivery service’s menu should have a list of ingredients used. Look out for the amount of sodium and sugar used in the soups. Apart from ingredients, soups should have a detailed nutrition panel displayed on the website. How many fats, proteins, and carbohydrates will you be consuming per serving?
If a soup contains ingredients like milk, gluten, nuts, soybeans, or seeds, such information should be made clear to customers beforehand. One might miss these allergens in the barrage of ingredients mentioned. A specific distinction helps improve the customer experience.
If you are looking for a healthy meal providing you with the required nutrition, then opt for protein-rich soups. Instead of clear soups, go for a creamy or a country-style soup with meat and vegetables. You could also try plant-based options prepared with complete protein ingredients like quinoa.
For how long can you store the soup? Freshly prepared soups with minimal preservatives cannot be stored for a more extended period. Opt for soups that can be frozen and need to be consumed in a week to 10 days.
Soups are a healthy meal option on their own, or they can act as a filling appetizer. When ordering soups online, ensure the meal delivery service is using locally produced ingredients. Look for soups high in nutrients like protein and fibre. You could take a look at the websites like Salad Servers Direct to know more about healthy family-sized meals delivered at your doorstep.
Healthy Soup Options
On a cold day, a steaming bowl of soup is satisfying. Although soup often sounds healthy, not all are good for your weight. Certain soups may be too light to satisfy you for an hour or two. Still, some modest dishes or cups can become a severe calorie or saturated fat bomb when laden with heavy ingredients like cream or cheese. But between these two extremes are soups that are low in calories and packed with nutritional components; these are the ones you want to eat. Here are some nutritious soup choices.
1. Broccoli Cheddar Soup – This is a healthy version of the traditional broccoli and cheese soup recipe, made creamy by substituting milk for the cream and loaded with veggies like celery, carrots, and broccoli. Broccoli soup is simple to prepare, healthy, and an ideal-typical side dish enjoyed by all. Broccoli is one of the finest superfoods and the most nutritious vegetable on the planet. You’ll need some cheddar and good broth or stock for this recipe. Next, you’ll require some onions and your preferred soup thickening. Most recipes for broccoli cheddar are 1200 calories per bowl; however, if you want to lower this calorie content, go for one that uses broth rather than milk.
2. Chicken Tortilla Soup – One of the most well-liked nutritious soups, with nearly 4,000 5-star reviews. Tortilla soup is healthier and has better flavor than anything at a restaurant. Be aware of the lengthy list of ingredients. Place everything in the slow cooker, cover it, and let it cook.
3. Roasted Cauliflower and Kale Soup – A soup made from fresh veggies that are high in nutrients and low in calories. It takes no more than 30 minutes to prepare and is packed with nutritious veggies like kale and cauliflower. You’ll love this dish since it is low in fat, carbohydrates, and calories. It is also vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free, and sugar-free. You may also refrigerate for later use.
4. Anti-Inflammatory Soup with Turmeric – The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric have been recognized by research. This soup provides substantial protein and minerals thanks to lentils, potatoes, spinach, and other vegetables. This soup is simple; it requires 35 minutes, including prep time.
5. Carrot Ginger Soup – This soup dish is creamy, simple to prepare, and contains many healthy components. Vitamin C and A-rich carrots are lovely for your eyes. Ginger helps with digestion and fights inflammation. You will surely love this soup whether you serve it warm in the winter or cold in the summer. This soup can also be made vegan, paleo-friendly, and gluten-free. This recipe has 6 g of fiber per serving.
Healthy Benefits of Eating Soup
Nothing warms you up and makes you feel cozy like a bowl of soup, a winter necessity. It truly is the healthiest possible supper or snack. Consuming soups offers various health advantages, including helping the body’s defense against cold-season illnesses. Soups are typically made with vegetables and spices that are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and healthy nutrients with anti-inflammatory qualities. Due to the electrolytes, they contain and the fact that they are liquid-based food, soups help to keep the body hydrated. Here are more reasons why you should consume soup every now and then.
1. Veggies and nutritious seasonings are found in soup
Soups are packed with healthy nutrients from fresh vegetable ingredients, condiments, and seasonings like onions, chives, garlic, and thyme, which are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Apart from those soups that include creams and cheese, they are higher in vegetables. It is always easy to make them use seasonal or frozen veggies regardless of the season.
2. Soup is quite hydrating
It can be challenging to get enough water to drink in winter. Unless the heating system in your house is set to the highest setting, it’s unusual for you to sweat, and you might not feel particularly thirsty. Eating soup naturally has an extraordinarily high-water content, which will help you stay hydrated.
3. Soup can is a healthy way to lose weight
It is easy to make delicious soups low in calories, especially ones without starchy ingredients like potatoes. These foods with no added starch are also keto-friendly. Lean foods, such as skinless poultry or seafood, are another option for cutting calories and avoiding unhealthy fat. A small serving of low-calorie soup before a meal is an excellent way to maintain a balanced eating routine. Weight control directly benefits from reducing daily calorie intake. Soup, whether taken alone or with other foods, makes one feel satisfied without overeating. This meal is typically acceptable for a balanced diet. It may include all the nutrients needed to lose weight without suffering starvation.
4. There may be therapeutic benefits to the soup
Many of you have probably experienced the famous chicken soup, which is one of the soups that may have healing qualities. Some soups may aid in the relief of colds and may help in healing symptomatic upper respiratory tract infections. Soups are frequently utilized to assist in a person’s speedy recovery from an illness. For instance, high-fiber foods like soups, including essential liquids for a balanced diet, might treat constipation. Soups high in protein and abundant in vitamins and minerals are the ideal post-workout meals. It speeds up recovery time by replacing lost fluids and minerals during physical activity.
5. An environmentally friendly dinner is soup
Meals cooked using fresh, locally sourced ingredients are far more environmentally friendly. Soups’ relatively short heating period helps maintain a minimal carbon impact. A nutritious fish soup may be prepared in 30 minutes with just one pot and the stove. Food waste is still a significant problem in the United States and other developing nations. However, the tastiest leftover soups can be made with extra fresh vegetables or cooked meat from prior meals.