Amsterdam has always been referred to as a city of urban conservation and the most attractive tourist spot among all the great European city centers. Besides the most exciting bars and clubs located in Amsterdam, it also provides you with cheap and lofty drinks with fantastic nightlife pleasures explored in the red-light district of the city. However, a smart choice is always required to make your Amsterdam journey into a fairy-like atmosphere. Here are some interesting facts to remember while planning a trip to Amsterdam.
Choice of Season
Winter is considered to be the prime time to visit the sizzling Amsterdam. This season is not merely famous for its adorned artwork in Amsterdam canals, but it also provides you with an opportunity to experience the World famous amsterdam light festival boat tour.
Highlights of the boat tour
This light festival boat tour is a complete artwork in itself. Once you get yourself aboard, you will experience illuminated lightwork through Amsterdam canals while simultaneously enjoying delicious drinks on board. You need to remember certain points to enrich your experience of an open boat tour.
- Manage to have your own boat. This private onboarding will provide an opportunity to bombard your social media with spicy pictures describing your lively experiences onboard.
- Despite the fact that your boat is open, it provides you with a cozy experience, as every passenger is supplied with a warm blanket and drinks for sure.
- The captain of the boat enlivens the experience with magical and historical stories about Amsterdam in conjunction with light exhibits.
- Amsterdam light festival is the perfect point time to spend quality time with your family members, friends, and even business colleagues. This trip gives you a chance to transform your work-laden mood into a spirited and frolic one.
Places to visit for marvelous encounters
In order to enhance your Amsterdam experience, you need to visit certain places to live your life to the fullest. Further, you can’t just simply afford to miss the nightlife in Amsterdam which it is famous for, Amsterdam nightlife gives you an amazing moment to delve into those activities which you have always thought of doing. The bars, clubs, and even the red light districts are the most famous and notorious places to get your desires fulfilled. As such, Amsterdam in the past years has become a frequently visited tourist spot because of its lights, vigor, and nightlife.
- Nightlife in Rembrandtplein: Rembrandtplein is one of the famous squares in Amsterdam which has an impressive range of bars, cafes, and smokey coffee shops. This place also offers gay clubs and daily nightclubs for safe and sizzling enjoyment.
- Leidseplein, the most visited tourist spot: If we choose one place for an amazing night out, we can’t skip Leidseplein from the list. This place is found to be busiest on Fridays and Saturdays, and it consists of a variety of bars and clubs offering their customers a great evening to spend. There are numerous features of Leidseplein as follows:
- Tourist traps: Overpriced bars and fancy clubs are also notorious for being termed tourist traps. Most of the tourists visit these bars to listen to pop music and dutch songs.
- Centrally located: Leidseplein is perfectly located in the center of Amsterdam, as it provides a mix of people, tourists, and even hoteliers who would serve you the best services.
- Ambivalent Red-Light District: Despite the notoriety of this place due to its overt availability of bodily pleasures in the streets of the Red-Light District, this place is heavily visited every year. It provides bars serving privately to customers and especially tourists. Thus, tourists enjoy not only drinks at smokey cafes, but they also fulfill their pleasures behind the red windows.
Tips to Follow During Your Trip
Avoid Meeting Street Dealers: You need to zero in on this point that you will meet plenty of dealers promising you the best services in the Red-Light District; however, you have to avoid being lured by these sellers, unless you want to be left in your drawers.
Following a Particular Attire: Before going to any bar or cafe, you will have to follow their dress code. For instance, most of the cafes don’t allow you to wear trousers and pants with a shirt, as such you need to be concerned about the attire you are carrying there.
Use Public Transport: instead of being robbed by taxi drivers in Amsterdam, try to board public transport which is highly cost-effective and safe. Private taxis in Amsterdam are highly expensive. Even if you take a taxi, make sure they turn on the meter.
To sum up, as mentioned earlier, Amsterdam has always been a foolproof place for fun and a pastime. Every year, this place hosts a number of tourists from all over the globe. The rich light festival and nightlife of Amsterdam fascinate the masses to spend at least some days of their leisure here only.