COVID-19 threw the whole world into disarray when it came to weddings this year. But did that put people off. No! They simply got more inventive and found other ways to celebrate their special day. If you’re looking to get hitched this year, then there’s still plenty of time to plan.
Here are 5 top wedding ideas of 2021 to get your creative juices flowing.
1. Vintage-Style Wedding
Rustic and vintage are in right now and go hand in hand when it comes to weddings. If you’re someone who loves a bit of the old fashioned, then why not consider a vintage-style wedding. Think antique-looking décor, such as old wooden seats and weathered doors. You could even show up in a cool classic car to add to the ambience. For some added entertainment, why not hire a few vintage bicycles and have some time trial races among yourselves. This is the best wedding car hire London has to offer so check it out.
2. Steampunk Wedding
If you want to do something a little out of the ordinary, a steampunk style wedding is a fantastic way to create some great memories (and photos). In addition to the bride and groom donning all the gear, ensure all guests take part too, by holding a competition for the best dressed. In terms of the food table, why not throw in a few Steampunk dessert decorations such as mini hot air bargain balloons and various timepieces scattered around. Copper robot cake toppers are also in right now.
3. Winter Wonderland Wedding
With winter fast approaching, why not plan your very own winter wonderland type wedding. In addition to lots of white and ice blue snowflake decorations, you could also have your own winter themed wedding desserts such as snow-covered chocolate strawberries, or penguin cake pops. Scatter some cosy blankets around for guests to snuggle up with later on. It stops them getting cold and is a nice added extra.
4. Disney Themed Wedding
Whatever age you are, you’re never too old for Disney. A Disney-Themed Wedding is great fun for the whole family. If there’s one specific character that you both love, then go crazy and kit everything out centered around that character. Perhaps the bride might like to have a princess style dress and arrive in style in a carriage of white horses? And let’s not forget the Disney-themed wedding cake. Mickey and Minnie, the Enchanted Castle, Beauty and the Beast. With Disney, the possibilities are endless – all with a fantastic finish.
5. Superheroes Wedding
Another one for the more adventurous couple is to hold a superhero-style wedding. Apart from the obvious, with everyone dressed us as their favorite masked crusader, you could also have superhero inspired food such as Batman Burgers, Superman’s Sausages, or maybe Captain America Cupcakes. For the actual wedding itself, the bride could walk down the isle with a comic book bouquet, while the groom wears some superhero cufflinks. Both are nice added touched and will make for fantastic photos.
Top Wedding Reception Tips
Just a few extra general pointers to help your day run as smoothly as possible:
- If you are planning on holding your celebrations outdoors, to keep running indoors to get food supplies can be a right pain. Therefore, you may want to consider hiring a refrigerated trailer for the day. That way you can have your buffet outside and simply nip to the trailer to top up supplies.
- Always make sure the kids have something to do. Unentertained, bored kids can be little terrors. To avoid that happening, make sure you have something to keep the younger ones busy too, while the adults are chatting away. Why not have a craft corner or video game station for the older ones? A photo treasure hunt of some kind is also a good way to keep them busy. Or, pass the buck, and hire a children’s entertainer such as a magician or clown for the day. Getting the kids sorted means can have relax and enjoy yourself while you know they’re are out having fun.
- When it comes to entertainment, opt for something that everyone can enjoy. People love to be merry at weddings, and this includes singing and dancing. So, make sure you include a song or two where everyone can join in such as “Oops Upside Your Head”, or “Conga”.
- Keep guest’s stomach’s full. Whether it’s filled with food or wine, doesn’t really matter. But the key to happy and content guests is to keep them fed and have easy access to the drink’s table.