Do you need a place to store all your lawn and garden tools, or maybe even a workshop? Do you want a more private space than the garage but not as expensive as having an extra room for storage? A custom shed might be just what you’re looking for! Sheds come in many different sizes and shapes. They can be built with bricks, logs, steel sheets, or any combination of these materials. In this post, we will look at the five most popular shed designs you can find at Outdoor World Custom Sheds to help inspire you when designing your own custom shed!
1. Custom Fitness Shed
A custom fitness shed can be an excellent addition to your home. It doesn’t have to be the typical storage space you think of when someone mentions a “shed” and can double as a workout room! We found this beautiful design on Sheds in Gympie that gives some inspiration for how it could look.
This shed design is great for homeowners who enjoy exercises like running, biking, tubing, or any other workout routine. It can be used as much more than just a place to store your bikes and weights! Customizing the fitness shed not only allows you to focus and be reminded of your fitness goals but also to keep from cluttering the house with workout equipment. The sturdy wood construction makes it the perfect spot to relax after an intense workout. Customize this design to fit your needs with shelving options, windows, and a door. It is like outfitting your own gym with all of the accessories you have and desire.
2. Garden Shed / Man Cave
Nobody wants to have a nicely laid out and maintained yard, only to mess up the beauty with equipment or bags of soil thrown about everywhere. With a garden shed, you can conveniently store everything you need to maintain the beauty of your garden in a single, purpose-built location. With the installation of a garden shed, you will notice a significant boost in the appearance and enjoyment you get from your backyard area.
One of the most popular customs shed designs is for any garden or landscape area. While they’re mostly used to store garden tools and lawn equipment, this shed can easily be turned into a man cave with just a few materials! The double doors are great for opening up the space and letting long-stem flowers blow in the breeze. A couple of comfortable chairs and some lights will make this a great hangout spot. You can even add some plant life for a unique twist. What better place for an afternoon happy hour than inside your own secret garden?
3. The Studio Shed
This shed design is ideal for homeowners who enjoy painting, sculpting, woodworking, or other craft projects. A studio shed can be used as a workspace that’s separate from your house. This also makes it easy to leave your unfinished projects right where you left them without the risk of someone getting curious about what you’re working on!
A studio customized shed designs look super quaint and cute from the outside. Still, on the inside, they have everything needed to create music, write songs, paint, work on new ideas, or anything else that creativity inspires! If the great outdoors is your favorite place to be, you can add a comfy patio or deck to this design. Having everything at your fingertips in an organized space will help your mind stay focused and free!
4. The Woodworking Shed
You might find yourself wishing you had more space and easy access if you have been making due by packing your woodworking shop into a corner of a shared space, such as an already crowded garage or basement. The advantages of having a designated area where you can spread out and arrange everything how you like it are easy to imagine.
These shed designs are perfect for homeowners who enjoy working with their hands in an unplugged kind of way. Several different plans are available for this shed design, but one of the most popular is designed around a tool bench! You can build your own with the help of these plans. This type of shed also works well as an outdoor craft studio or even a place to store your animals if you prefer to keep them outside.
Also, the right shed size can offer room for a workbench, plenty of tool and equipment storage, and enough space to comfortably work on large pieces or even have multiple projects going simultaneously. Plus, owning a woodworking shed means you won’t need to clean up every time you need to take a break from a job. When you come back, your tools will be waiting for you exactly where you left them.
5. The Craftsman Shed
The craftsman style originated in late nineteenth-century England. During the time, Britain was experiencing a massive industrial revolution like nothing that had ever been encountered. This style that connects to people who love time-honored craftsmanship and decorative detail has influenced the shed world in addition to homes.
This style of the customs shed has a more rustic look and feel, which is where the name comes from. If you love to be outdoors but aren’t quite as interested in gardening or working on projects, this might be the design for you! This design has a windowed sidewall that makes it easy to watch your car while you work. There’s plenty of room behind the garage door (which can also be used as a lift) to store a car or other vehicle. It can turn your yard into a place of relaxation with all the tools at your disposal. You can always add a few planters or some more home-like amenities, but the idea is to make it feel like you’re ready for any outdoor adventure!
Tips for choosing the right shed
1. Determine your needs – Determine the purpose of the shed before purchasing it. Will it be utilized as an office, a place to store things, or just to relax? This will assist you in choosing the shed’s dimensions, style, and features.
2. Consider the size – The shed’s size is an important factor to take into consideration because it should be adequate for your purposes without dominating your garden. To make sure the shed will fit comfortably, measure the area where it will be placed.
3. Choose the right material – The shed’s durability, aesthetics, and upkeep requirements will depend on its material. The natural appearance of wood makes it a popular choice, although metal structures are robust and require less care. Because to their durability and ease of upkeep, vinyl sheds are another excellent choice.
4. Select the right roof style – The shed’s design of roof can have an impact on how it looks and functions. A lean-to roof is ideal for individuals who wish to conserve space, while a slope roof is a traditional style that offers more headroom.
5. Think about the door style – Both the shed’s appearance and functionality may be impacted by the design of its doors. Little sheds should have a single door, whereas bigger sheds or those used for equipment storage should have twin doors. A excellent choice for sheds with little room is sliding doors.
6. Check the warranty – Before buying the shed, be sure to look over the warranty. You will be protected in the event of any flaws or damage due to this.
Why we should consider the shed designs?
1. Increased storage space – A custom shed adds more storage space for tools for gardening, outdoor gear, and other goods, which helps your home feel less cluttered.
2. Enhanced functionality – Whether you need a shed for storage, a workspace, or a place to unwind, a custom shed can be created to suit your individual requirements. It can assist you in maximizing the utilization of your outside space.
3. Improved home value – Because it improves the overall look and functionality of your backyard, a well-designed custom shed can increase the value of your house. If you ever decide to sell your house, it might increase the appeal of your property to prospective purchasers.
4. Personalization – You can select the layout, appearance, and features of a custom shed to best suit your preferences and requirements. This enables you to design a special and individualized outdoor area that reflects your tastes and personality.
5. Cost-effectiveness – An affordable alternative to renting storage space or adding on to your house is a handmade shed. It offers a cost-effective option to expand your property’s square footage.
The options for custom sheds are endless! No matter what your needs may be, there’s a shed design that will work perfectly for you. Now that your designing juices are flowing, it’s time to pick out your shed plans and get started! These five popular designs will help give you inspiration on building the perfect custom shed for your home!
Jim Pulman has extensive knowledge and experience in Home Building, Construction, and Design. He writes articles in his free time and partners with content creators to share his expertise with the online community.