In this fast-growing world, diseases are also growing at a faster pace. The cervical abnormalities and diseases in women have increased multifold.
With proper care and regular checkups, women’s health concerns can be addressed and cured to a certain extent. Independent clinics in Meridian, Idaho have all the amenities and facilities to diagnose and treat the cervical problems women have.
Most common cervical diseases in women.
It is a common myth that cervical diseases or infections are always caused due to sexual intercourse. In reality, even though sexual intercourse is a reason for cervical diseases, there are many other common reasons for cervical infection or disease in women.
One main reason is the lack of hygiene and cleanliness. Another one is internal abnormalities that cause cervical infections.
Some of the most common cervical related diseases and infections in women are:
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus): It is an infection developed in the cervix (also known as the neck of the uterus). HPV is capable of altering the cells in the cervix that can later lead to cervical cancer.
- Bacterial vaginosis (BV): It is another infection commonly found in the vagina. It is not as dangerous as HPV but still needs medical attention. A short course of antibiotic tablets can help cure the BV infection.
- Cervicitis: This is another common cervical disease in women. It is an inflammation in the cervix walls. Possible symptoms are abnormal vaginal discharge, extra pain during intercourse, bleeding between periods, etc.
- Genital herpes: This infection is caused by the herpes simplex virus. Common symptoms are sore skin in the genital area, swelling, and extreme pain.
- Trichomoniasis: It is another common infection in women that is transmitted through sexual intercourse. Common symptoms include smelly vaginal discharge, painful urination, itching, etc. Expert help is needed for trichomoniasis.
These are some of the most common cervical and genital infections and diseases in women.
The most effective way to reduce the chances of getting affected by such diseases is to maintain utmost personal hygiene and also observe sexual discipline during intercourse.
There are some regular tests that women can take to ensure that they are healthy and safe from these infections. Some of the common check-up routines include:
- Swab test – A swab test is used to find out any particular or general abnormality in the genital area of women. In this test, a small mass of cotton attached to a long stick is inserted through the vaginal area of the patient.
- HPV test – It is a test conducted to determine the presence of HPV in your cervix. It does not conclude whether you have cervical cancer or not but can confirm the presence of HPV.
- Pap smear test – It is through this test that cervical cancer is detected. Cells from the inner wall of the cervix are collected and tested for cancerous infections. Women are advised to conduct a pap smear test every 3-5 years, depending on their age.
These are some of the major tests involved in finding cervical-related health issues. It is always best to consult an independent women’s health center with multiple diagnosis facilities like the Treasure Valley Family Medicine for all your health-related issues. That way you can come to a faster diagnosis at a much more affordable cost.