Quilting is the process of joining 3 layers of fabric together. For the process, you can stitch manually through hand using a needle, and a thread. On the same token, you can also perform it mechanically with a long arm quilting system, or sewing machine.
The Best Quilting Machine is also a sewing machine. However, they have a wide range of add-ons, and unique capabilities that make them unique from the regular sewing machine. In addition to it, you can notice the following differences between them-
- Work-Space- As the quilts are bulky, and huge projects, they require a far wider working space. In brief, the longer the machine, the larger the work area.
- Extension Table- It also has an allotment for an extension table. As they are meant for bigger projects, they will provide an extra boost in space, and ensure maneuverability while quilting.
- Stitches- If you are using a quilting machine then decorative stitches can go a long way. It is an excellent way to add style to your quilt when you are dealing with the borders.
- Speed, and Stability- What makes quilting machine unique is their fast-sewing speed. Serious quilters should buy one because a high-speed machine equates to faster project completion.
Top 5 quilting machines with their pros, and cons
Brother CS7000i Computerized quilting, and Sewing Machine
It is an excellent sewing machine for beginners. The product is inexpensive, and easy to use. In addition to it, the machine is versatile, and reliable to a great extent. The machine is light, and portable, so you can easily carry it to your quilt making classes.
Features of the product
- Speed- 850 stitches per minute
- Weight- 17 pounds
- Automatic needle threader
- Auto thread cutter
- Extended quilting table
- Lighter than other expensive machines
Juki TL 2000-qi quilting machine
The product is one of the best quilting machines, and it has a large throat space. Stitch quality offered by the machine will surpass your expectations for sure. It suits best when you are looking for Best Quilting Machine that is capable to handle all type of fabrics.
- Speed- 1500 stitches per minute
- Throat Space- 8.5 inch
- Product Weight- 36 pounds
- Automatic Needle Threading
- Updated LED Lights
- Perfect for expert quilters
- Quilting Power
- Large Extension Table
- Heavy Frame
- Not possible for all to afford it
Janome MC6650 Computerized Quilting Machine
It comes with both, an extension table, and a quilt kit. With dozens of built-in stitches, you will enjoy this machine for years to come. The start/stop button enables you to sew without the foot control, and the up/down button is used to bring the needle up, and down.
Unique features of the product
- Thread Cutter Button
- 1000 Stitches per minute
- Easy to use Control Panel
- 10-inches throat space
- Product Weight- 34 Pounds
- 170 stitching options
- Automatic Needle Threader feature
- Thread trimmer Button
Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing, and quilting machine
The product is very easy to use. The features are a bit more advanced, and expensive.
- Sewing Speed- 850 Stitches per minute
- Throat Space- 5.75 inches
- Product Weight- 10 Pound
- Extra-wide sewing table
- Automatic Needle-Threader
- Large LCD Display Screen
- Adjustable Sewing Speed
- 25 Years Warranty
- Detachable Wide Table
- Light, and Portable Sewing Machine
- Very Light
Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 Quilting Machine
The machine is a favorite for many beginners, and intermediate quilters for many reasons. The product is very easy to use, and offers various priceless features like-
- 850 stitches per minute
- 5 inches throat space
- Product Weight- 20 pounds
- 600 built-in-stitches
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Extension Table
- Electronic twin needle settings
- Heavy-duty metal frame
- 600 stitches per minutes
- 25 Needle Positions
- Needle Threader
- Unable to use the quilting bar with the quilting foot
Benefits of Quilting
Quilting is an excellent creative, and practical hobby. In addition to it, quilting can impact your health in many positive ways. It plays a great role in helping you to relax, and to boost your self-confidence. Here are some of its health perks you should know while taking a quilting project.
- Reduces Stress- It enables you to reduce stress to a great extent. While quilting, as the mind concentrates on the task at hand.
- Improves Hand-Eye Co-ordination- Your hand-eye-co-ordination can improve during your project as it requires threading the fine string through a small needle hole.
- Lower risk of Dementia- Acc. to a study, individuals who take part in art, craft, and puzzles can reduce their dementia. Activities like quilting besides hand keep your mind sharp as they require to solve the problem mentally. For instance, measurement of a square, or how much fabric is required to complete a specific project.
- Lower Blood Pressure- Acc. to research, sewing help to lower your blood pressure, and reduce your heart rate.
- Boost Self-Confidence- When you go through the steps of the new project, you develop a sense of pride to see that the final project is made by you. Needless to say, that it boosts your self-confidence.
Daily, humans have been observed to make use of machines for almost everything. No doubt, those machines have integrated themselves into our daily lives, and play a prominent role in the development of our society.
A perfect machine enables you to strive for something, stronger, faster, and better. When considering the Best Quilting Machine to buy, have a glance at what you are going to use your machine for.
So, for fruitful outcomes, it is recommended to keep the above-mentioned differences in mind. Firstly, set a budget that determines the available features to you. Various highly rated, and low-cost machines are available in this competitive market that meets your expectation.
Quilting machine makes the task of sewing heavy fabrics an easy one.